Contact, Imaging & BioInformatics
- Joris Slob
- LIACS, Leiden University
- Niels Bohrweg 1
- 2333 CA Leiden
- The Netherlands
- Office 115, Snellius Building
- Phone +31 - (0)71 - 527 5792
- Fax +31 - (0)71 527 6985
- URL Bio-Imaging Group
My name is Joris, I was born in 1978 in a little place called Oud-Beijerland. I studied Physics and Media Technology at Leiden University. I have a keen interest in programming and have worked as a web-programmer before becoming a scientific programmer in the Bio-Imaging group. Since April 2010, I am a PhD student working on the Cyttron project by investigating the use of semantic web technologies.
- Cyttron database development and support.
- Ontologies and Semantic Reasoning.
- Assistent in the course Human Computer Interaction .
Previously assisted in the courses:
- Laura M.F. Bertens, Joris Slob and Fons J. Verbeek, A generic organ based ontology system, applied to vertebrate heart anatomy, development and physiology, Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics, 8(2):167, 2011.
- Joris Slob, Amalia Kallergi, Julia Dmitrieva and Fons J. Verbeek, Towards Metadata Patterns in Image Databases, Supplementary Proceedings of Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics, 5th IAPR International Conference, PRIB2010, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, Suptember 22-24, 2010
- Joris Slob, Amalia Kallergi and Fons J. Verbeek, Observations on Semantic Annotation of Microscope Images for Life Sciences, Proceedings of the workshop Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences (SWAT4LS) CEUR-Workshop Proceedings ISSN 1613-0073, Volume 559 (Eds. Marshall, S.M.,Burger A.,Romano P.,Paschke A.,Splendiani A.) Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 20, 2009
- Joris Slob and Maarten H. Lamers, The Human Processor: changing the relation between human and computer, Proceedings of the 13th Computer-Human Interaction Netherlands Conference, June 2009, Leiden (The Netherlands), pp 75-79.