The Thesis Defence
The thesis defence is almost always the last part of your master before you can receive your diploma. It will be organized separately from the Graduation Ceremony. You can reserve a room for your defence in the Snellius building via Abdel El Boujadayni. The date for the defence can be scheduled in cooperation with your thesis supervisors. The members of your examination committee (present at thesis defence) should get a paper copy of your final version of the thesis at least 5 working days before your thesis defence. Unless otherwise stated, your defence is partially public. Family and friends are welcome.
Cover page Master Thesis
There are some requirements for the cover page of the Master Thesis. A cover page is available in Word
The formal date of graduation is the date on which you have met all the requirements of the ICT in Business programme. This date coincides with the date on which you have received a satisfactory grade for the last, required component of your approved programme of study, which almost always is the date of your thesis defence. The graduation date is recorded in your transcripts and also on your diploma. The graduation date doesn’t correspond to the graduation ceremony date which is just the date you receive your actual diploma. For dates, see below.
Students who are close to graduation, must apply for the Master’s Graduation as soon as they know their graduation date. If you are planning to graduate in August or September, you should apply for your Masters Graduation before 1July!
Follow the procedure:
- Check in Usis:
- If your name is spelled correctly
- your date of birth
- if all the courses and grades are in your course history as well as in your academic requirements. If this is not the case, please take care that all the courses and grades are in the course history. The two most common situations:
- You don't find your electives in uSis. Please send in Petion Requests in uSis, one per elective. More information about how to do it can be found in: uSis help.
- You do miss one or more grades for obligatory courses in your Academic Requirements. Please get in contact with the Programme Co-ordinator.
- Contact Judith Havelaar (Programme Co-ordinator) who will verify that you will soon meet the requirements of your approved program of study and provide her with:
- the names of your supervisors
- the prospected graduation date
- the exact title of your master thesis (will be put on your diploma)
- an electronic version (pdf) of your Master Thesis with the statement whether or not your thesis is confidential
Unless you explicitly do not want to take part in it, Judith Havelaar will put your name on the list for the next possible Graduation Ceremony. Between receiving your last grade and the Ceremony date and is a period of at least 3 weeks because of administrative reasons.
Master’s Graduation Ceremony
The Graduation Ceremony takes place four times a year (for dates see below) in the Academic Building, Rapenburg 70. In this ceremony you will receive the MSc in ICT in Business diploma from the Board of Examiners. Friends and family are welcome to witness this formal and festive occasion.
Dates for the Master’s Graduation Ceremony in ICT in Business:
- Friday June 28, 2013
- Friday August 30, 2013 (15.00hrs)
- Friday September 27, 2013
The Graduation Ceremony starts at 14.30hrs unless otherwise stated.
Termination of registration
As soon as you have completed your masters and will not continue studying, you should terminate your registration at Leiden University, via Studielink. For financial reasons it is important to take care of deregistration as soon as you discontinue your studies.